April 9, 2016
|Registration Coming Soon|
Welcome to the official website for 12 Hours in the Wild West! On April 11, 2015 at the Fort Stanton-Snowy River Cave National Conservation Area (just north of Ruidoso), this fourteen mile pure and sacred singletrack with 1700 feet of climbing are a guaranteed motivator to get your buns in shape!
Here are some of the things we’re lining up for 2015:
- Neutral Support provided by The Bicycle Company from El Paso!
- Packet Pickup at the staging area this year, WITH a racer meal!
- Packet Pickup bonfire with Buffalo Soldier legends from local storyteller…spooky, and true!
- Sponsored by Bosque with free product AND free drinkwear for each registered rider. Whaaaa!
- The costume contest is BACK! Darn your best westernwear…and giddy up to Ruidoso!
Registration includes a t-shirt or a Wild West cantina for those last minute mtb’ers. Feel good knowing that your registration is going somewhere! EcoServants, an AmeriCorps program that helps build trails and teach young people life-skills, has helped build, maintain, and staff the race course. They are our benefactor and will receive a portion of profits from this event. And they deserve every penny!
Don’t know what you’re getting into? Peep event coverage from racers:
- 12 Hours in the Wild West video by John McNeill
Is your whole posse coming with you? Do you live in the Ruidoso or Capitan area and want to be part of the event? Would you like to shamelessly ogle some fine posteriors clad in biking chaps? Then come volunteer and Contact Us! We’ll promise you our undying devotion and the best hoedown this side of the Rio Grande!